Aug 16, 2010

Savoring Summer



Even though its been unbearably hot for pretty much most the summer, I still hate to see it go. Here's what I'll miss the most:

Wearing white (my absolute favorite color)
My fresh herbs (they are currently on their last leg)
Sleeping late on weekdays (somehow this becomes laziness as soon as summer ends)
So You Think You Can Dance
My brown strappy sandals
Sunkissed skin

In an effort to savor the remaining days of summer, I have decided to share a snack that makes use of my favorite herb, Basil.

1 French baguette
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Mozerella cheese, sliced
Fresh Basil leaves

Slice the french bread into 1/4 inch slices. Drizzle each with olive oil and add s&p. Place cheese on sliced bread and top with a whole basil leaf. Broil in the oven for 2-4 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is slightly crisp. Drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I need to learn how to cook!

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks so yum and easy to make! I think I might give it a go this weekend. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes simple things are the best
    Just started following
    http://washingtondcfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete