Apr 20, 2014

Roadtrip - Lake Oconee

I. Love. Traveling. I get such a thrill out of seeing and experiencing new places. I especially love checking out quaint and beautiful Southern towns and scenery. Recently my husband had a business trip at a lake community in Georgia. It was the perfect excuse for a few days away.

I had never heard of Lake Oconee, but my husband had me at "Ritz Carlton." It's located between Atlanta and Augusta, and is known to be a golfer's paradise. But you definitely don't have to be a golfer to be happy here.


If you're looking for a weekend getaway, this is perfection. It goes without saying the amenities are top notch. I kept thinking about the movie Dirty Dancing - I felt a little like I was on the set of the movie. It just so happened to be 75 and sunny while we were there. My husband spent most of the time in meetings, so I laid by the beautiful pool ALL DAY. Rough day.





Lake Oconee is in Greensboro, Ga.
You know how when you go to a beautiful place, photos sometimes just don't do it justice? That's how I feel about this place. It was a wonderful, relaxing trip, and I highly recommend checking it out.

Where do you like to travel for a relaxing weekend getaway? Do tell!

L

No comments:

Post a Comment