May 17, 2014

One Minute Egg McMuffin

Breakfast is hands-down the hardest meal of my day to make. This is not because I don't like it, it's definitely because I'm running around like a mad woman trying to get out the door on time, usually forgetting completely about eating until I'm halfway to work. But I have found the perfect little recipe for on-the-go mornings.


I'm a big fan of savory over sweet, especially when it comes to breakfast. I love eggs but I never thought I had time to make an egg breakfast. I found using the microwave to quick-cook your egg in a mere 45 seconds (no messy pan for one measly egg...yay!) is the way to go. The rest is thrown together. 


I use Ezekiel English muffins, but you can use any English muffin you like. These are frozen, so I set mine out to thaw for a bit before I begin. After it's thawed enough to split, throw it in the toaster. While it's toasting...


Crack one egg in a 4-5 inch glass bowl (it's the same size as the English muffin, so makes assembly easy), and break up the yolk a little with a fork. Microwave for 35-45 seconds, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grab your toasted English muffin, and top one half with a slice of cheese (I use white cheddar, but any cheese will do). The slip your cooked egg out of the dish and place on top of the cheese. If you want, you can add another slice of cheese on top (the more the merrier in my opinion!). Then add a dab of salsa (I use salsa verde) for a kick of flavor. Top with the other half of English muffin. You're ready to go! I wrap mine up in aluminum foil while it's hot and take it on the run. 

One Minute Egg McMuffin
1 English muffin, toasted
1 egg
1-2 slices of cheese
s & p
tsp of salsa

Toast your English muffin, and in the meantime crack one egg into a small (4 to 5 inch) glass bowl. Microwave 35-45 seconds, until firm. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Top each half of English muffin with cheese, then add the cooked egg. Top with a tsp of salsa, and assemble.

2 comments:

  1. Hi~ I saw your post on Rocket City Blogger Facebook-- This recipe sounds yummy- I'm really enjoying going thru your blog! You have a new follower-
    Here's my blog & Website
    www.KellyAnnStudio.com
    http://kellyannstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete