Jun 20, 2014

Before & After

My goodness, what did I do with all my extra time before blogs existed? I mean really. I spend a ridiculous amount of time reading blogs at night after Rowe goes to bed. But I love them. And here's why. 

See this eye sore? This was in our foyer when we bought this house two years ago. I've looked high and low for a light to replace this for well over a year. I just won't settle for something that I don't love. I mean it is the very first thing you see when you walk in my house. 


So the other day I was doing my usual daily blog reading, and I ran across this post. OMG! The light looked eerily familiar, and her solution was ridiculously simple. But alas, this exact concept just did not work out. But it did give me the confidence boost I needed to tackle that light once and for all. It can at least look good while I'm searching for perfection! So I spray painted that bad boy right in place (minus the glass part, which I took apart and painted outside).





It just doesn't get simpler than that. Oh, and see that black spot on the ceiling? I'm not the most experienced spray painter. You live and learn. What blogs have inspired projects in your home?

L




No comments:

Post a Comment