Jun 16, 2014

Weekender

This weekend was supposed to be filled to the rim, between a blogging conference in Birmingham on Friday, a wedding in Kentucky on Saturday, and wanting to spend some family time together for Father's Day on Sunday. At the last minute, I pretty much decided (with my husband's consent) that we had to say no to something. So we cancelled our plans to drive to Kentucky, and instead we enjoyed a family night out, shopping, swimming, and relaxing. I hated to miss the wedding, but sometimes I just reach my limit, you know?

Do you ever get overwhelmed with your own plans and agenda? It's a constant balancing game. I have finally learned that when my gut feeling is "this is too much," I listen to it. So far it has served me well. But it certainly took some trial and error before I learned it was ok to say no.
Obsessed with this concrete paver pattern.
Pop of red
We tried for a family photo, but Rowe is barely visible. It's hard. 
Stroll
Anthro = Happy
Lots of love in this pic.

And a big Happy Father's Day to this guy. I really am so thankful to have a hands-on husband who goes above and beyond with being a Dad. I am so grateful. 

Outfit details: Shirt: Belk; Pants: Jcrew; Shoes: Prabal Gurung for Target; Bag: Fossil

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand---I get overwhelmed SO easily. It happens to us a LOT on the weekends, especially in the summer. We have been trying really hard lately to say "no" every once in a while. It's important to save time for yourself! "Me time" is so nice! :)

    xx
    Kelly
    kellyinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Kelly! Love your blog :)

      Delete
  2. I can definitely relate to being overwhelmed with trying to do too much. It's so hard to say no.

    Your paver picture is awesome. It's really cool when you scroll up and down.

    Lysha
    http://magnoliamom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lysha! Enjoy looking at your blog! I saw an AU hat in of your photos... War Eagle :)

      Delete