Apr 23, 2010

Empire State of Mind



Exactly one month from today, my husband and I will wake up in New York City. The non-refundable tickets have been bought, and we couldn't be more excited. To begin the countdown until our NYC Vacation, I have posted a picture of my last trip to The City. At the risk of sounding like Negative Nancy, I will keep the description of my last, and first, trip to New York City short. It was freezing. It rained the entire time. Our cheap, street-purchased umbrellas inverted at least five times in one day. Now you can deduce from this description that it wasn't the best trip. I had a great time with my friends (see above photo, taken at a rare rain-free moment), but what fun is New York if you can't enjoy walking the streets? So I vowed if I ever went back it would be during warmer weather, so I can actually shop, stroll through Central Park without catching pneumonia, and wear open-toe shoes. Here's hoping May will be sunny and mild.

Our NYC To Do List:
Yankees vs. Mets Game
David Letterman Show
Broadway-Wicked or Chicago
Brunch Alfresco
Shop at Beacon's Closet in Brooklyn
People Watch in Bryant Park

No comments:

Post a Comment