Apr 21, 2010

Lucky Dog



There is nothing particularly special happening today. I'm just working on my latest assignment and trying to meet a deadline. However, part of the reason I started this blog was to challenge myself to find joy in even the most routine, non-exciting things. With that said, I decided to write about something that brings me joy on a daily basis, my dog Mo. In addition to my loving husband of almost three years, Mo rounds out my little family. And I love him. Bless his heart, he's at the same time the cutest and the ugliest dog I have ever laid eyes on. But walking outside and seeing this definitely makes me smile. Mo has quite the underbite, a trait of the Boxer breed, so his mouth frequently gets caught on his tooth. And while this picture may make it look like he is growling at me, I can assure you he is not. This dog wouldn't hurt a fly, and he's scared of everything-the laundry basket, broom, and even my plastic food containers.

I never considered myself to be a "dog person." I never really cared for them. But when my husband, having known a neighborhood Boxer in his hometown of Louisville, had always wanted one. So on Valentine's Day 2008, we paid a visit to a local Boxer breeder. And I was in love. When the little, wrinkly ball of fur that was soon to be Mo came over to me and put his paw on my foot, I knew I had to have him. And the rest is history. Lucky dog.

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture of him! Such a sweet dog, and yes, a very lucky one too! ;)

    ReplyDelete