Apr 21, 2010

Sunshine and Smoothies




It's such a beautiful, sunny day. This spring has been one of the best I can remember in recent years. The weather has been consistently warm and beautiful the past couple of weeks. I don't know about you, but weather like this inspires me to eat healthier (hello fresh ingredients!) and exercise more. In an effort to snack better, I decided I would try my hand at a smoothie. This little beauty is a concoction I made up when I realized I had three ripe bananas that I would throw out if I didn't use immediately. It's healthy and it's yummy.

Banana Berry Smoothie
2 ripe bananas sliced
6 oz (single serving) strawberry yogurt
1 cup ice

Combine in blender and enjoy!

I absolutely can't wait until the Farmer's Market opens down the street. I love browsing through the fresh fruits and vegetables and thinking of new ways to use them in recipes. I will definitely be making more smoothies soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment