Apr 21, 2010

Who Doesn't Love a Good Bargain?




For those of you who don't know this about me, I work at home. While this is certainly the best-possible job scenario I can think of, and I dare not complain, there is one aspect of work I miss. Getting dressed. Working from home gives me absolutely no excuse to shop. While most people long for jeans and flats after a long week of work, when Friday rolls around I'm dying to dress up in something nice and put on a pair of heels. In a way this is a blessing in disguise, as I do have a love-affair with clothes (and shoes) but given my lack of places to wear them, I have no need to buy them.

When my husband and I were at the beach last week, we strolled into an Old Navy to have a look around. After scanning the store, proud of myself for seeing nothing I could justify buying, I spotted this cute, cotton nautical dress that would be just perfect for throwing on to run errands around town. The best part? It was an extra 50% off the sale price, which meant it would cost me a grand total of $4.99. Yes, I know. This is precisely the type of little thing that makes my day. So when my dad offered to take me to lunch today, I thought of it as the perfect excuse to change out of my pajamas before noon. I've heard it said never wear horizontal stripes. For $4.99 I think I'll break the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment